Thursday, June 21, 2007

Blackstone (BX) should be bought

Regardless of what price it starts trading with tomorrow I will be buying Blackstone (BX). I'm not buying more than a 4% portion of my portfolio since I don't know important details like the price-earnings ratio yet. I don't think more than 10% would be a good idea for almost anyone because of the risks inherent in any stock, the added risks of an ipo, and the additional risks of one as complex as Blackstone. Regardless, Blackstone will be up (most-likely) big by the closing bell and even bigger by year's end. Optimism is high even now, but it will be higher when Blackstone announces it's first big buyout in China... I expect no less than a triple by 2010.

1 comment:

T said...

Okay, I was wrong about prognosis #1... I got in at $36.45.